Effective Date: 16 November, 2023
Types of Information Collected
The University collects a variety of personal information from its stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Personal identification information, such as name, date of birth, and national ID number
- Contact information, such as email address, postal address, and phone number
- Demographic information, such as gender, age, and ethnicity
- Financial information, such as bank account details and payment history
- Academic information, such as enrolment details, grades, and transcripts
- Health information, such as medical conditions and disabilities
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Provide educational and administrative services to our students and faculty
- Communicate with our stakeholders, including sending news and updates
- Process payments and manage financial transactions
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Conduct research and analysis for the advancement of knowledge
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in providing our services, such as payment processors, IT service providers, and research partners. These service providers are subject to strict confidentiality agreements and are only permitted to use your information for the purpose of providing the services we have contracted them to perform.
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to a lawful request by a government agency or to comply with a judicial proceeding.
Data Retention and Destruction
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, subject to any legal or regulatory requirements. When your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it in a secure manner.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect it from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Our staff are trained in data privacy and security, and are required to follow strict security protocols when handling your information.
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase your personal information, as well as the right to object to its processing. You may also have the right to request a copy of your information in a portable format. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details provided below.
Multimedia University of Kenya
P.O. Box 15653 – 00503, Nairobi, KENYA Tel: (+254) 20 7252000